Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 4 in Greece – Paros back to Athens (Saturday, July 17)

This morning, Erin and I took the buggy out for coffee and breakfast supplies and then we ate in our little patio area. We returned the buggies and walked back to the port where we did some last minute shopping and then caught the speedboat back to Pireaus. It was a three hour ride, but the ferry was about 45 minutes late, which is pretty common here, apparently. The Dramamine I took in combination with not a lot of sleep the night before made me super sleepy, so I was passed out pretty much the entire time. The boat was really rocky, though and even though we were on the top floor, there were waves hitting the windows like every 2 seconds! It would have freaked me out a lot more if I hadn’t been so tired. After returning to Piraeus around 4 PM, we walked the 30 minutes back to the Semester at Sea ship, refreshed, and then went out at 7:30 PM for dinner in Athens. We found a rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking the Parthenon, which was gorgeous because it is all lit up at night. After more delicious Greek food, I called it an early night (at eleven) and came home to get some much–needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment