After my early morning classes, I worked all day on catching up on some University of Maryland apprenticeship assignments. I met with my extended family at lunch. I don’t know if I have mentioned this program before, but it is really cool and is becoming one of my favorite parts of Semester at Sea. At the beginning of the voyage, the students can sign up to be a part of a “family” while they are at Sea. They usually ask Life Long Learners to be the “parents” or heads of the families. Because there are so many students who sign up, I volunteered to be a leader and was assigned to have four students in my family. My “family” members are Alex, Danielle, Stephanie, and Brianna. They are so cute, I can’t even talk about it. We have lunch together after each port to talk about all of our adventures, swap notes about upcoming ports, or catch up on some good ship gossip. : ) A lot of my cohort-mates have had trouble getting their families to come together, but all of my students show up every time. They are awesome and I am really enjoying getting to know them.
After lunch, I hit the gym and then worked like a mad person all afternoon to catch up on stuff before Greece! I had dinner with Kathy, Keith, and CJ, an undergrad student on the ship on the deck before meeting with my student committee for my internship. That evening was all about preparations for Greece. I went to the Greek student’s lecturejavascript:void(0), the pre-port briefing, and the inter-port lecture (which was from a woman who had been living in Greece for a while).
No comments:
Post a Comment