Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 4 in Egypt: Luxor back to Alexandria (Friday, July 30)

After a decent wake-up call at about 6:30 (who would have thought I’d ever say THAT!), we ate a normal breakfast (not out of a box) at the hotel and then went to visit the Karnak Temple. The Karnak was similar to the Luxor Temple, but not quite as well preserved. One cool thing was there is this giant scarab statue in one of the open areas. Legend has it that if you run around the scarab ten times in a clockwise direction, your wishes will come true and you will be happy. Now, I’m not a superstitious person, but it can’t hurt to cover all of my bases, right? After running around in ten circles, I was ready for a Dramanine and a seat on our air conditioned bus. Because the group was so big (about 200 people), we had to split up into 2 groups to fly back to Cairo (where we would then take another bus back to Alexandria. I was in the second group, so I got to head back to the hotel for a nice relaxing morning and early lunch. My flight left around 2 PM from Luxor to Cairo and I got back to Alexandria around 8 PM or so. I was exhausted but SO happy with all that I had gotten to see in Luxor and Cairo!

No comments:

Post a Comment