Friday, August 6, 2010

Just another day at Sea (Sunday, July 25)

On Sunday, our first day back on the ship, I had to jump back into student mode really quickly because I had to crank out a paper which was due at midnight. Ah…life on the ship….

We had our regular two classes plus another extra session in the afternoon with my Student Affairs folks. It was funny because it is an extra seminar that is supposed to be a supplement to our other classes, so it is not an official class, but we still have to attend and participate, of course. Because it is not an official class, we don’t actually have a classroom space on the ship (space is limited!). That day, the only space that was available was on the second deck (in the bottom of the ship) right in front of the gangway! We all sat on the floor for the discussion. It’s pretty funny, because I’ve never had a class by a gangway before…

Even though it was a gorgeous day outside, I holed up in my room most of the afternoon to write my paper. That evening, I helped to coordinate the Olympic Sea Tryouts. On August 1, we are having an Olympic competition between the Seas on the ship. There were so many people interested in signing up for the events in my Sea (the Mediterranean Sea!) that we had to have a qualifying round. Hilarious! But guess what? I totally qualified for the flip cup competition! Haha I’ll let you know what happens.

After the tryouts, our Sea had an ice cream social in one of the dining rooms and had a movie night right afterward. I had to be antisocial and sit in the back to finish up my paper, but I ended up turning it in with a whole hour to spare! Then I went up to the faculty and staff lounge for snacks, drinks, and a late-night dance party. Ah…just another busy day on the MV Explorer…

No comments:

Post a Comment