Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting ready for Egypt! (Monday, July 26)

Today in class, the ship was moving so much that I got really sick during class. : ( It was unfortunate because I had to break my drug-free streak. Anyway, after popping a couple of pills I felt much better, but the medicine makes me SO tired. I had to work on my internship and blogging between episodes of dozing off.

By late afternoon, I just gave up and went out to the fifth deck to read. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite areas on the ship because in the late afternoon, you can sit on a comfy deck chair with your legs stretched out in the sun and your upper body in the shade. There is always a nice breeze, too, so it’s the perfect temperature. Not to mention the view of the horizon is incredible. In my case, there is the added bonus that I don’t feel the motion of the ship much at all when I look out at the horizon and feel the fresh air. : ) Anyway, I sat in the sun and read for an hour or two before dinner, then I had dinner with Lynette (the Assistant Dean of Students) and her husband, and then went to inter-port lecture and pre-port orientation about Egypt. I can’t believe I will wake up in Egypt tomorrow!!!! Tonight, I am packing, blogging, and going to bed early so I can get a good rest before my big Egypt trip starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment