Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 5 in Istanbul (Saturday, July 24)

This morning, I went out for a Turkish cappacino at the equivalent of a Turkish Starbucks. The cappacino came which came with a molded chocolate spoon and chocolate covered coffee beans. Too cute... and the beans were amazingly good!

I spent the morning at Topcapi Palace – the old palace of Istanbul. We saw beautiful jewels and wonderfully well-preserved clothing which is just another example of how much history is here! The palace grounds were beautiful as well. Afterward, I had to go back to the Bazaar (which was close by) for more shopping and bargaining. I also couldn’t help myself – I had to go back to the Spice Market, too! I hung out at the Spice Market for a little while spending the rest of my lira until it was time to hop back on the tram to get to the ship. Once on board, I had dinner with my Student Affairs at Sea family, went to post-port reflection, and then worked like crazy in the Living-Learning Coordinators’ office to put things together for the next two day’s events. Late night, but I got caught up on a lot.

I'm sad to leave Istanbul - I could have stayed here a few extra days, FOR SURE...

1 comment:

  1. wow, we really have so much to talk about, which brings me to my next point, hurrrrryyy up and get back here, we miss you and the office just isn´t the same!! on a serious note, keep enjoying yourself and we will be waiting sorta patiently :)

    ReplyDelete